Movement and Skill Acquisition Ireland Inaugural Conference
Cork Institute of Technology
April 6th and 7th 2018
Movement and Skill Acquisition Ireland seeks to provide a forum for academics, coaches and sport scientists to interact with a view to increasing the profile and impact of research into skill acquisition and sports expertise.
The theme of the conference is applying constraints-based coaching and ecological dynamics to enhance sports performance.
- Prof. Keith Davids – recognised globally as the leading contributor to the development of the theory of ecological dynamics and non-linear pedagogy for the last 20 years.
- Richard Shuttleworth – arguably the most experienced practitioner in constraints-based coaching on the planet, with a CV that includes England Rugby, Australian Institute of Sport, GB Boxing.
- Mark O’Sullivan – known worldwide to be at the coal-face of changing the coaching culture within soccer to develop more effective academy environments through his work at AIK Sweden.
Attendees will also take part in the first ever transatlantic skill acquisition assembly. On day 2, Movement Acquisition Ireland will connect via video for a live Q&A to Shawn Myszka (movement coach to Everson Griffen of the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL), who is hosting the first Sport Movement Skill Conference from Concordia University, with another exceptional line up of speakers. Content from both conferences will be made available to all attendees. So you get 2 conferences for the price of 1!
- For information about ticketing see: http://events.cit.ie/index.cfm?page=events&eventId=323
- For information about poster submission see: Shape the DiscussionFurther information about the conference is available from @MSAIreland
- For further information or queries please contact us via twitter (@MSAIreland) or at Movement.SkillAcq.Ireland@gmail.com