Pat Duffy Teaching and Coaching Scholarship
An opportunity for Physical Education teachers and coaches to engage in research:
Part-time Research Masters in the University of Limerick
- Want to help create links between schools and universities, develop curriculum etc?
- Want to engage in applied research related to coaching practice and development?
- Want to further your own knowledge?
- Want to get involved in action research?
The Physical Education and Sport Sciences Department (PESS) in the University of Limerick is offering an opportunity for a Physical Education teacher and/or a coach to engage in a 2 year part-time Research Masters. The PESS Dept. will contribute €3000 per year over the 2 years towards the fees.
Possible areas of interest may include the following:
Assessment – investigation assessment practices that provide students and teachers with meaningful worthwhile and relevant physical education experiences (Ann MacPhail and Tom Comyns)
Physical activity – providing a school and community support structure that encourages students to be physically active/physically fit (Catherine Woods)
Physical literacy/FMS– measuring, implementing and tracking students’ physical literacy/FMS within school physical education (Antonio Calderon)
Coaching practice and development – engage in applied research designed to inform and influence coaching effectiveness in a variety of fields (Phil Kearney, Tom Comyns and Mark Lyons)
Essential Criteria for Applicant:
- BSc/BEd in Physical Education or cognate discipline
- Currently teaching Physical Education in a Post Primary School and/or an active coach
Documentation for Applicant
How To Apply:
Please submit 1)a letter of interest, 2) a current Curriculum Vitae, 3) a completed copy of the application form (see attached), and 4)two academic/professional references to email@example.com by 21st December 2018.