Congratulations to PESS students who are receiving Gold, Silver and Bronze awards at the 7th Annual President’s Volunteer Award Ceremony on 28th September. The awards will be presented by Professor Des Fitzgerald, President, University of Limerick and UL student volunteers representing all academic departments will be awarded for their volunteering commitment to our communities. Guest Speaker is Aoibheann O’Brien, Co-Founder of Dublin based social enterprise, FoodCloud, connecting food businesses with surplus food to nearby charities that need it through a smart phone app and website. The award ceremony will take place in the University Concert Hall at 3.00 pm followed by a reception in the Atrium of the Foundation Building at 4.30 pm. The student winners from PESS are:
- Hazel Barry (2nd Year P.E.) – UL Ladies Hockey, UL International Education Division, UL Students Union
- Emer Earley (3rd Year SES) – Daughter’s of Charity
- Liam Cassidy (3rd Year SES) – International Volunteer HQ
- Daniel Cunnane (4th Year SES) – UL GAA Club
- Eamonn O’Sullivan – (Graduate MSc Sports, Exercise and Performance Psychology)- UL GAA Club
- Margaret Logan (Erasmus) – UL International Society
It is a remarkable achievement for all those receiving awards and a wonderful testament to the volunteering spirit of UL Students.