Congratulations to all PESS Students who were recognised for their voluntary work during the last academic year at the 8th annual University of Limerick President’s Volunteer Award (PVA) ceremony. A total of 435 UL students, the highest number to date, were honoured for their volunteer work across a range of civic and charitable organisations at the ceremony yesterday (September 19).
PESS Students who received awards:
- Padraic Rocliffe (Physical Education): Shine a Light and UL Swim Club (feature image)
- Kylie Dugan (Sport and Exercise Sciences & Study Abroad): UL Environmental Society, UL International Student Ambassador Programme
- Jordan Kramer (Year Sport and Exercise Sciences): Share a Dream, PVA Stewards, Gateway to Education
- Emer Earley (Year Sport and Exercise Sciences): Inspire Foundation Malta (Agape Adventures)
- Conor Cantwell (Sport and Exercise Sciences): UL GAA Club (pictured right)
- Savannah Cressman (Sport and Exercise Sciences): Gateway to Education, homework club, UL Aquatic Club Disability Programme
Padraic Rocliffe featured on the PVA video at the start of the ceremony. Padraic established the Shine A Light initiative last November with a view to helping the homeless. Padraic’s involvement with the Shine A Light initiative attracted interest from all media outlets during AY17/18, print journalism, radio and television.
PESS would like to congratulate again all PESS students and UL students on their achievements.
Full news story of the PVA Ceremony: https://www.ul.ie/news-centre/news/435-student-volunteers-honoured-by-ul-president/
Names listed above provided by UL PVA